We are looking to recruit an IP Core Engineer responsible for the back-end delivery and technical support of customer and infrastructure services.
IP CORE ENGINEER JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
• Network high-availability dimensioning and optimization.
• Upkeep proper documentation for the core network, MPLS /IP.
• Analyze statistics, logs, and alarms from monitoring systems to maintain network health and take preventive actions as appropriate.
• Operate and maintain the Company's IP and MPLS networks.
• Assist in network capacity forecasts and planning of upgrades.
• Support team members and other teams in operations, customer support, planning, and projects.
• Identify critical areas of improvement in the network.
• Automate repetitive tasks where appropriate.
• Liaise with vendors and service providers as required.
• Participate in the out-of-hours on-call rotation, providing technical support.
• Provisioning of circuits for new customers.
• Participate in the training of other staff, including documentation of standard operating procedures, diagrams, and training material for use by the team.
• Participate in designing, testing, implementing, operating, and maintaining the Company's IP and MPLS networks.
• Be willing to research and keep abreast of new technologies.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR IP CORE ENGINEER ROLE
• Degree in Electrical and Electronics Engineering - light current option, BSC Computer Science Telecommunications, and Information/IT Engineering,
• Valid CCNA and CCNP certificates (latest Versions) or a closely related field of expertise. CCIE will be an added advantage.
• At least two (2) years of experience in a similar role
• Good analytical skills.
• Technical aptitude in electrical and telecommunications infrastructure.
• Self-awareness and assertiveness.
Department: Network Operations
Job Type: Full-TimeApply Download