We are looking to hire a competent Technician who will be responsible for surveying, capturing and mapping of all physical infrastructure data into the system.
JOB ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Participate in surveying, capturing and mapping of all company physical plant infrastructure.
• Conduct physical survey, map, and document utilization of all plant infrastructure, maintaining an up-to-date record keeping track of dynamic and day to day changes.
• Assist in network capacity forecasts and planning of upgrades of Infrastructure based on current utilization.
• Assist in automation of repetitive tasks where appropriate.
• Collaborate with data science and System Software teams in uploading data and information in structured and approved formats.
• Operate with a high level of personal organization to identify operations and network subsystem maintenance needs and prioritize action plan.
• Assist in updating and keeping records of network connections to all customer and backbone touchpoints to the network.
• Higher National Diploma in Survey / Degree in Survey, Geospatial Engineering and any other related courses.
• At least two (2) years’ experience in a similar role, preferably in the Telecommunication Industry.
• Practical knowledge of survey and mapping tools as AutoCad, ArchGIS or other.
• Cable and Asset Inventory Software as netTerrain, NetMaster, or other similar Asset Inventory and Software Systems.
• Significant experience in the documentation and interpretation of cable network infrastructure.
Department: Planning & Engineering
Job Type: Full-TimeApply Download