Facilities Maintenance Technician
JTL-PE-FMT-02-21 | Engineering | Contract
Posted on February 21st, 2021 |
Expires on February 20th, 2021
FACILITIES MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN ROLE
The technician shall be responsible for troubleshooting and maintaining telecommunications facilities by installing, operating, and maintaining facilities used and deployed for voice and data telecommunications, network circuits and equipment.
FACILITIES MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Monitor network facilities including; -
- Pops, environmental monitoring and control systems, cooling/air-conditioners and their efficiency, cleanliness, generators, power plants (dc systems, batteries, rectifiers), remote monitoring systems, NMS systems for these facilities.
- Fuel monitoring for generator powered systems.
- Integrating with automation and building management systems.
- Develop test parameters for testing of compliance to standards of the facilities.
- Develop and maintain KPI's for standards to be maintained in all plants and facilities.
- Record and track KPI's for all network facilities
- Updating and keeping records of the network facilities including records of access to sites.
- Develop and implement rules of access to the network facilities.
- Manage vendors for the servicing and maintenance of these facilities, including generators, air conditioners, cleanliness, fire suppression systems, access control, among others.
- Managing telecommunications customer and network designs, projects, and assignments.
- Making proposals for telecommunications network improvements
- Any other responsibilities as may be assigned to you from time to time.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE FACILITIES MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN ROLE
• Minimum Diploma in electrical engineering - power or heavy or electrical power option, or closely related electromechanical engineering field of expertise. HND in the same will be an added advantage.
• At least 2 years’ experience in a similar role
• Good analytical skills.
• Technical aptitude in electrical and telecommunications infrastructure.
• Self- awareness and assertiveness
Department: Planning & Engineering
Job Type: Contract