We are looking to recruit an Area Manager- Maintenance responsible for coordination of teams through planning and managing maintenance works and liaising with contractors in ensuring effective and efficient network restoration and full customer uptime at all time.
AREA MANAGER JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
• General maintenance of the fiber network, network nodes and 4G infrastructure in his/her area
• Manage maintenance teams in the region through allocation of duties, follow up of field teams, review and update assigned trouble tickets, coordinate contractor teams and expedite fault recovery.
• Proactive management of nodes and access network through stringent routine prevention maintenance of power and air conditioning equipment, inspection and preventive maintenance of both underground and overhead optic fiber network.
• Liaise with roads authorities (KURA), road contractors, building contractors and other wayleave users (telecommunication, power, water and sewerage) to safeguard the optic fiber backbone and access network from avoidable damage. This includes attending relevant meetings with the various authorities and property managers.
• Generate regional reports to the Head of Maintenance, make follow up and feedback on daily network and customer reports.
• Proper maintenance of assigned splicing equipment and tools including routine servicing and repair when necessary.
• Maintain cross-functional relationships and follow ups for Customer relationship management
• Coordinate safety measures in the assigned region.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE AREA MANAGER JOB
• Degree or Higher National Diploma in Electronics, telecommunications or related field.
• At least five (5) years working experience in a network maintenance/network support role
• Technical aptitude in electrical and telecommunication infrastructure.
• Good analytical skills.
• Good supervisor and coordination skills;
• Leadership and management skills
Job Type: Full-TimeApply Download